Sunday, August 17, 2008

Remiss in posting my test results.

Wish I could offer remission as an excuse for my being remiss, but really I just checked out for a while. On May 21, 2008 I underwent to immersion into the MRI. Not as annoying the 2nd time, I got an extra pillow for my arms. Here is the results:
"No growth in the size of the kidneys"
"Number of cysts is probably slightly increased from previous examination"
Celebration? Not exactly. Perhaps my standards are too high, but I would have loved to see a reduction in kidney size, decline in number of cysts. Who wouldn't? However, as Peter from Australia pointed out, at this point my kidneys should be growing every year. Although I'm not sure where he got this "rule", it gives me pause. Is Tolvaptan working? I guess we'll figure that out over the next two years. I'll have another MRI in May 2009 (year 2) and Maybe 2010 (year three). In the meantime, the headaches are gone and I've been dehydrated only once this summer (after ingesting an evil plate of stir fry). So life is great, holding steady and feeling good.
Now that I've put it on paper, it actually sounds like remission to me. Dang!